Monday, 11 March 2013

INSPIRATION

 random tumblr images
 

 stills from Pulp Fiction - 1994
 
stills from Girl, Interrupted - 1999
 
 stills from Pretty Woman - 1990
 
more random tumblr images
 
 stills from The Virgin Suicides - 1999


001 // Hey guyss, I've been trying to find inspiration for some new ideas that are coming up and I thought I would show you how I went about it! I tend to just scroll through tumblr, instagram or google images hoping to find some pictures that spark imagination and I'm normally quite successful, I just love compiling them together and seeing what a beautiful mess they make in the end.

002 // These are just a few pieces of inspiration - tumblr really helps me as you can find a real variety of creative and meaningful pictures there and I think films help a lot too. I chose just a few of my favourite films to show like Girl, Interrupted and The Virgin Suicides which I absolutely adore and I think are so powerful, as books too. I read them both religiously every summer. There's just something about the 90's that makes me wish I was old enough to appreciate them at the time.

003 // I find getting inspirational images to help you with your own projects really useful and I don't go a day without looking through various screenshots and saved pictures to come up with new ideas. I really recommend trying it if you haven't already, just google something random and you'll soon be well on your way.

004 // In other news, I have eventually come out the other end of a 2 week mock exam period and my results seem to be going surprisingly well so far! Let's hope there's a reward coming my way in the near future ;) I'll be posting a bit more regularly now but don't expect many outfit posts during the week as I tend to go from school uniform to lounge pants to pjs... but don't worry, I won't bail on you.

Mia x

18 comments:

  1. love this post! the virgin suicides if one of my favourite movies and novels and i've been meaning to watch the others you mentioned for sooo long
    xxx

    http://luclily.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyouu and ohh my i love it so much, definately check the others out!! Xx

      Delete
  2. Love your photos, very ecclectic, and inspiring. Welcome to the blogging world im still quite new even though been blogging a while still learning..
    i like your blog nice to see individuality
    mine is nicki fannings blogspot if you want to check it out.
    i'm following yours
    xnicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so nicee thankyou, I love your blog, definately following :') xoxo

      Delete
  3. i've just stumbled across your blog and i'm already following, it's really cute blog! i'd love it if you checked out my blog as well! keep up the good work!

    katy! x

    http://therawrdrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thankyou! i'll defintely check out your blog xx

      Delete
  4. Thankyou for your lovely comment on my newly set up blog and for your support!
    I am now following your blog, love the set up, K x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats okay! i love your blog! thankyou for follwing back xx

      Delete
  5. Really like your blog, great posts! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyouu xx would be fantastic if you could follow my blog and i'll be sure to follow you back xx

      Delete
  6. Hi! Thanks for following me ^^ Of course I follow you back :) Feel free to enter my new giveaway!
    http://victoria-coeurdor.blogspot.be/2013/03/giveaway-win-pair-of-new-firmoo-glasses.html

    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for the support and i will definitely check out your giveaway! Xxx

      Delete
  7. followed and the socks are from american apparel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! I have been after a pair like that for ages xxx

      Delete
  8. I do this sort of stuff all the time. I really understand what you mean about getting inspirational images. When you have so much inspiration it just helps to get it out in like a collage so you can see it all :') It is quite liberating in a weird way, haha ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it so theraputic haha xx your blog is so gorgeous, i just had to follow! Maybe we could follow each other? Xxx

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thats okay! Your blog is great xx thankyou for following xx

      Delete

I love it when you guys leave me comments so go ahead! I read and reply to every single one and I check out everyone's blogs and always follow back!! Xxx